Saturday, October 12, 2013

Infrequent musings.

Hello again!

I don't have too many updates. Work has been fantastic. I am really enjoying both my job and the new clothes. ;)
I am in the midst of reading some good books...three to be exact. Lolita by Nabakov, Economix by Michael Goodwin, and The Keeper of Lost Causes by Jussi Adler-Olsen. I am extremely into Economix and The Keeper of Lost Causes but I am having a LOT of trouble finishing Lolita. I can't really explain why. It is well-written and has funny turns so maybe it is just the concept and plot I am disliking. Who knows?

However, Economix is a book about the history of the economy written in comic form and it is fantastic! I am engaged and learning and it is not nearly as dry as I expected it to be. My cousin recommended it, and so I bought it and just set it aside for a while. Another cousin posted that he was going to take an econ class, so I said I would lend it to him. So I had to start reading it, and I have been loving it! I am flying through it unfortunately!

When I finish all three, I will link to my goodreads.com reviews of each.

UPDATE: Oct. 22 Finished The Keeper of Lost Cases and Economix but not Lolita. Links below!

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/570117813

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/735626940


No comments:

Post a Comment