Monday, April 22, 2013

Fitness Update!

So in my old blog, I wrote a blog post that explains why I am in need of losing weight. http://caitlinspeaceoftheworld.blogspot.com/2013/03/long-time-read-with-caution-please.html (refers to a traumatic experience so read with care)
Because of the experience, when all is said and done, I gained about 60 pounds since I have returned home from Malawi. My goal is to lose around 80. And I am at 9.4 pounds lost so far! I have gained a lot of muscle and lost some fat. My thighs, hips and stomach have all lost an inch or two which is fantastic. My work pants (well, for the job I have now quit) got so loose and baggy that the fabric rubbed thin and when I bent over, RIIIIIP! But that is not a bad thing by any means.

The boot camp I am enrolled in is a great one. We typically start by stretching/warming up for 5-10 minutes, then do about 50-55 minutes of running, squats, boxing/fighting, ab work, arm work (lots of push-ups), and then end with a cool down for 5-10 minutes. It is great. Hard work and I leave every day dripping in sweat.

I have never worked so hard in my life but I am proud of myself for gaining endurance and having visible progress. I am excited to see how hard I can push myself!

So 9.4 pounds down (as of Friday - I weigh myself on Fridays at 1030am every week). 70 more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment