Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Ch-ch-ch-changes

I thought I would be more upset than I am. There honestly isn't too much different in my life even though I ended a long-term relationship (7 years). I was upset the first night and subsequent full day and driving home the second, but now it really is just whatever. We had slowly been seeing each other less and less and talking less and less, so the suddenness of the actual breakup isn't hugely different from what I was previously doing.
I am spending lots of time with brothers and that is awesome. I love my brothers and that I can be friends with them. It's good.
Right now, I don't care if I don't find someone else...I'd be cool with just being and doing me. Traveling and dancing and doing cool shit on my own.
Our society is not too supportive of singlehood though. I can't say how many people have said, "Oh, you'll be fine. You are amazing. I have no doubt you will find someone just as amazing as you are." But I don't need someone else to be complete and have a full life. I am good on my own with my brothers and awesome friends. I don't need a partner to be complete. It's cool if I find someone, but it's also cool if I don't.
Right now, I will focus my energy on meeting Childish Gambino (AKA Donald Glover) and then once he meets me, his focus will be on me. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment