Thursday, November 21, 2013

Slowly, slowly.

I have been in the process of cleaning out my diet. I am eliminating addictions, or trying to, slowly. Right now, I am candy, chips, chocolate, and ice cream free. Since I used to eat candy and chips every day, I am working hard to avoid those and it is not easy. Next, I am removing bread. I may remove all dairy, as delicious as some cheeses are, my stomach is sometimes angry at me for eating any at all - I typically stay away from milk as my body really hates milk! That's okay with me, coconut milk works to fill that void. I don't know if there is an equivalent of non-dairy cheese that fills the same desire.
However, I am learning that the cravings for the candy have mostly gone away (chips not so much - I miss the salt!!). I feel healthier and stronger.
I also have been running and working out, which is so stress-reducing and calming! After a long day at work, an hour or two in the gym doing squats or running or ab work is exactly what I need and want.
It is sometimes still surprising to me how much I enjoy exercise! I am glad to enjoy it!
I don't know if I have lost weight, but I will check and let you know soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment