Friday, August 15, 2014

My life in 250 words or less.

I am now 26. I have 2 great brothers Ryan and Joey, 2 awesome parents and 3 dog-siblings, Flippy, Kaya and Kimba. We live in the suburbs of Tampa, FL. I am a Returned Peace Corps Volunteer, which was probably the defining year of my life. I lived in Africa by myself with no running water, no electricity and only one American in a 10k radius from my house. I learned to be myself, to be happy and caring and kind. I learned I dislike teaching (at least the lesson planning and grading parts). I learned to grow up and how to become independent. I am in a serious relationship. We have been together for essentially 7 years though there was some off-time to us, he has been my man since I was 19, my first love, my first boyfriend, my first for almost everything. I am so lucky to have Doug – our relationship is stronger than ever and I am truly happy with this man. I am learning to love myself. I am in the midst of changing my lifestyle – and it is harder than I ever thought. I work full-time doing eligbility for public assistance and it is challenging but rewarding. I value honesty, gratitude and loyalty – because I embody those traits as much as I can. My goal in life is to become a social worker – a trauma counselor to be exact.

Please tell me something about you!

No comments:

Post a Comment