Monday, January 20, 2014

Fitness Update!

So I am finally updating on my fitness progress. I have been working hard. I and a dear friend have been working out together for somewhere around 6 months, and my boyfriend has been joining us for the last 2 or 3. It is going really, really well. I am sleeping better. My body is (according to friend and boyfriend) slimming down. I can run faster for longer (today, for example, I ran for 18 minutes 1.31 miles - may not be a ton to everyone, but I am proud of my progress). I am regularly working my core, upper and lower body.
I have only lost a pound or two, but I feel a lot stronger, and the sleep alone is worth it (not to mention the longer times and faster speeds running).
Here are our weekly goals. One upper body and cardio day. One lower body and cardio day. Three core and cardio days. We usually do one or two core exercises on the upper and lower body days.
For example, today was a core and cardio day. We did boxing sit-ups, plank/superman, kettlebell sit-ups on an incline and then had a run. I am SORE. It is such a nice feeling though! I enjoy it, honestly. Usually, we work out throughout the weekend due to school - I have classes on Mondays and Wednesdays so I don't love working out at 930 when I am finally coming home from school after a long day at work as well. It's alright though and if I know I am not going to be able to meet my 5-a-week goal later, I will suck it up and do it anyways. :)

Have you made or met any goals lately? What are they?

No comments:

Post a Comment