Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Fave Whole30 Recipes!

These are the recipes I made up (adapted in the curry case) to eat happy.

Tomato Sauce
7-8 tomatoes (add more if you use Roma tomatoes)
1 tablespoon (more to taste- I use this liberally) of garlic powder
1/2 an onion (I use the purple onions)
sprinkle of Italian seasoning (take your pick - I am unorthodox and love cilantro)
I also found this awesome chicken seasoning (lemon chicken) that I add in.
Clarified butter

Get a pot, and heat some clarified butter. Chop the tomatoes and onion. Toss in the pot and stir around to coat in butter. Let it boil, drop down to a simmer and let it simmer for a while until your desired thickness. I usually stir it occasionally for about 30 minutes.

Meatballs
8 oz of Ground meat of choice (I prefer turkey but I imagine this would work for beef or chicken as well)
quarter of an onion
one egg
1 tablespoon of garlic powder
sprinkle of the lemon chicken seasoning

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Mash the meat, onion, egg (leave out the yolk at first to make sure it won't be too runny) and spices. Shape into balls, put on a roasting pan and stick in the oven. 15 minutes and flip. Another 7 minutes or so, and then they are delicious and ready to eat!

Chicken Curry
8-10 oz raw chicken
1 whole onion
10 oz bag of frozen veggies
Curry paste of choice (red, green or yellow or whatever other flavors they have)
Coconut milk (I believe the can I use is 10 oz)
Coconut oil or clarified butter

Heat the oil or butter in a large wok-style pot. "Brown" the chicken (till not pink at least). Remove and save the juice as well as the meat. Using the same pot, cook the onions until close to translucent. Add the chicken and juice back in. Add in two tablespoons of curry paste (I like it spicy so I usually use four tablespoons). Cook until you can smell the curry flavor. Make sure to stir the curry in with the chicken and onion. Add coconut milk and stir. Add the vegetables and let simmer. Simmer everything until the veggies have absorbed some of the sauce and are tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment