Thursday, March 6, 2014

Friday Articles (6)

#AlcoholIsNotConsent
This buzzfeed list features a fantastic ad campaign of something near to my heart. I hope everyone will read this, relate to it, and share it. Become an effective bystander. Prevent rape.
Related Articles: Men, Drinking and Consent 

1200 Calories
I think this article is thought provoking. It is interesting because this is a widely-held belief (American). I am not sure I don't believe it. Health is so judgmental and talked about but still getting healthy can be a taboo. I feel shame and fear to share my health and fitness triumphs and successes.
Related Articles: "Rules" to Break

Every Border is a Crime Against Humanity
Oh, I have dreamed about a world with no borders, just cultures. Beautiful, beautiful cultures!
Related Articles: 6 ways America is like a Third World Country

Baby possibly cured of HIV
I read No Going Back There is Only Forward as a fellow medevac'ed and medsep'ed RPCV. I understand that tragedy, frustration, anxiety (well, I can relate - everyone's experiences are different). This article reminded me of this blog and of the ridiculous stigma faced every day. Shame.

Paper Dresses
How adorable is she?!

Dalai Lama and Homosexuality
:)

And one final article about my hometown.
31 Reasons why Philadelphia is underrated

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment