Monday, March 10, 2014

Whole30 - end of day 15

So I have officially completed day 15 of Whole30. I am halfway finished. I am starting to think about how I want to eat after I finish. Whole30 is a feasible lifestyle, but difficult to maintain.
My body is constantly energetic. I am thankful for that. It is nice to have nice, even energy throughout the day. I don't require snacks anymore. I might notice my attention flagging and have a carrot or apple, but for the most part, I leave work with the snacks I packed, only having eaten the breakfast and lunch I brought along. I find that cooking does not require a huge output of time. Even tonight when I didn't get off work until 530 and home at 645/7, I still was able to cook meatballs (from scratch, Whole30 friendly) and tomato sauce (from scratch) and breakfast sausages for the rest of the week. I feel much more satisfied eating real food than ever before, and the food is SO good.
I have learned to make chicken/veg curry, meatballs, tomato sauce. I primarily just throw raw veggies in my lunch bin and leftovers from dinner and that is my lunch. Breakfast consists of eggs (which are SO satisfying) or/and fruit. Dinner is usually a big one-pot kind of meal I make on Monday or Tuesday and it lasts me for lunch and dinner for a few days. I haven't noticed a huge change in my body.
The past few days I have been sick, since Wednesday. Miserable sick. I left work early twice last week. I was going to bed at 8 and sleeping hard until my alarm went off. On Friday night, I went to bed at 9 and woke up (because a friend texted me) at 9. I have been eating extra fruit to see if I can get the extra vit C to kill off this sickness, cause I am sick still. However, I am recovering more or less, and since I am in the last half - my goal is to run or do yoga every day.
I am much more even-keeled, although I do get hangry (angry-hungry portmanteau). As long as I eat breakfast and lunch, I am usually good to go.
So I will update you next week on how my next 7 days go!

No comments:

Post a Comment